Sunday, January 11, 2009

Baby Wipes


I wish I'd found this 2 1/2 years ago when my daughter was still in diapers 24/7. We are in the potty training stage and she is doing really well, we still use diapers for naps and bedtime and pull up when we are out and accidents are more likely. So we still use our fair share of baby wipes. Here's a VERY simple and inexpensive recipe for baby wipes:

*3 qt. container with lid (mines 2.7 qt)
*1/2 roll paper towels (soft not cheap ones)
*1 tsp. baby oil
*1 tsp. baby soap
*2 c. water

-Cut a whole roll of paper towels in half (I used the Viva select-a-size kind) and remove the cardboard center. Put half roll into container.
-Mix together: water, baby oil, and baby soap
-Pour mixture over papertowels
DONE!

I had my daughter put stickers on the container to make it more cute. She also helped with the mixture and helped to pour it over the towels. I pulled one out and she gave it the seal of approval - success!
Once you have the container/soap/oil it will cost about $1 per half roll of paper towel or each time you make this. MUCH cheaper then the $2.50 per tub you'd pay at the department store.

0 comments: