Thursday, April 5, 2012

Laundry Room Makeover

I am not the biggest fan of doing laundry - as I'm sure the same goes for just about everyone.
So a makeover was in order to make doing laundry a little less "blah."
BEFORE

UGLY ironing board BEFORE

Split of the AFTER


A small shelf was added over the washer
As you can see above it holds many items that I use daily


I screwed hooks into the wall to hang dedicates
The canvases are from the $1 bins at Michael's, I hung them (like a picture) above the hooks
I hope to add silhouettes of a clothes pin and hanger to each at some point

Baskets hold laundry related items

The ugly ironing board is no more!
I took off the old cover but kept the foam padding
Instead of making a slipcover - I just upholstered the fabric right onto the ironing board with a staple gun

I took an old frame and used the scrap fabric from the ironing board as the background
Then I used my Silhouette machine to cut the cute saying from black vinyl
"Laundry"
"Drop your drawers here"
:-)

And there you have it! An updated laundry room with little effort and little investment
I believe the only thing I purchased was the fabric (Hobby Lobby), the rest were items I already had!!

Linked with:



0 comments: