Wednesday, April 11, 2012

First Produce Co-Op Pick Up

As a mother/wife that loves to coupon (SAVE DOUGH) and keep myself and my family healthy - I had read up on different Co-Op programs.
I'd actually read many blogs where women/men take part in these Co-Op programs and wished there was one near me.

It was my lucky day when a high school friend decided to start a local Co-Op in our area!
I JUMPED RIGHT ON BOARD!

Today was our first delivery and pick up
The truck arrived about 30 min. late, so it didn't run as planned. But everyone jumped right in to help when it did.

Here is one row of fresh produce


My mom and my hubby with their bags filled to the brim


Here is the list of beautiful fresh produce we received this week:
APPLES PINK LADY
BANANAS
PINEAPPLE
MINNEOLAS TANGELOS
MANGOS
DOLE SLAW
TOMATOES ROMA 8CT
LETTUCE ROMAINE
BROCCOLI
POTATOES RUSSET 5LB
CORN ON THE COB
KALE
CARROTS
RED ONIONS
I found this pin on Pinterest on how to store your produce so that you get the longest shelf life
A great resource if you are involved in a Co-Op or not

This is my little one enjoying a fresh carrot from our Co-Op bundle
She also had an apple as soon as we walked in the door. I'm so glad she loves fruits and veggies!
My hubby already cut up our pineapple to add to lunches tomorrow too.

Healthy is the way to be! And this a a great way to not only save money, get involved in your community, but also help keep local farmers and businesses thriving!

Here is the link to the main Co-Op webpage. See if there is one in your area:


0 comments: