Friday, June 1, 2012

June has arrived... (TTC #1)

I can't believe it's June.  This month has a special meaning and we've waited over a year for it to arrive.  There are no anniversaries, birthdays, graduations, births, etc.  June is the month we've talked about and talked about.  A month we've gone back and forth about and now it's here.

June is the month we have decided would be "the time" to start trying to add to our own family.


Our one and only child is now 6 years old.  I'm sure that seems a little old to be thinking about adding a sibling, and every family is different.  But I knew when we had her, that she'd have to be in school before we'd add in another baby.  She will be in 1st grade this fall!  Which is a whole different subject...

I started getting the "baby fever" again a year and a half ago.  It was a lot of feeling out the situation and talking it over.  Is this something we really wanted to do, was it best for our family and our spoiled only child?  Could we handle it?  Could we make it work with our jobs/schedules?  If you can't tell, I'm a planner, an organizer, and in no way spontaneous.  Hints why it's taken so long to get here.  But we are excited and ready(crazy to be saying that!)

It's been a year and a half of hearing about people getting pregnant, having babies, trying to have babies... and feeling that excitement for them (and there were A LOT of them), and also feeling excited that hopefully at some point I'll be able to tell of my own joy.  Just this week alone 2 friends announced their pregnancies and a cousin had her baby boy.  Babies all around.

And now here we are.  June.  The start of a huge journey.

I plan to use this blog as a type of journal.  A way to keep track of all the details.  I'd like to try some video blogging, something that is all new to me.  But I want to remember IT ALL.

With my first child, I did pretty good keeping track.  I kept a pregnancy journal and wrote down all the updates on dr. appointments, photos, nursery stuff, baby showers, gifts, and of course the labor/delivery.  I am so glad I did.  This time, being 6-7 years later, I'd like to use the advances in technology to my advantage.  Maybe I'll share that journal on a video blog at some point?

So consider this my first TTC blog, even though there isn't much to tell for a few weeks. 

I'm over the moon excited, that is for sure!  So here goes nothing... 

0 comments: