Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day Fun

Happy Father's Day!

We kept it low key this year for Father's Day. We all needed a fun family day IN for once instead of running all over the place. I made my hubby and my dad these lawn mower cupcakes, I found the idea from an e-mail newsletter I get, they are colorful and cute!
Me and my daughter also did a Father's Day craft together on Friday for a surprise. I cut out the tie shapes and helped my little one with the letters and she decorated them with markers and star shaped foam pieces. We appropriately attached the ties to the string with colored duct tape. Then we hung it from the fireplace mantel to show it off. It stayed up ALL weekend!
This was my daughter's gift to her Papa Smith. We took photos of her holding the letters and turned them black and white and added to a fame. Pretty simple, if you subtract the fact that I am not a patient person when it comes to computers so printing wasn't the easiest thing when the printer is giving you grief. But it turn out beautifully!

We had a bunch of left over cupcakes that needed decorating - a great opportunity for Father/Daughter time. They had a good time and Alyssa probably ate more of the decorations then she put on the actual cupcakes (see the puffy cheeks).

Hope everyone's Father's Day was filled with great memories and fun times!

0 comments: