Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope your Valentine's Day was filled with love and happiness! We had a family holiday at home. I have lots of pictures to share with you! Also I'll be sharing some of the ideas I had for saving money while decorating for Valentine's Day.
This banner I designed on my computer using a digital scrapbooking kit. You can find many free kits by googling. I folded over the top of the triangles and used jute to hang it. A little red raffia in between each letter added an extra special touch.
Close up of the banner

I printed out the "papers" from the same digital scrapbooking kit and cut out hearts. I attached the hearts to kabob skewers and then into a painted pot with foam to keep the heart upright.

I, again, used the same digital scrapbooking kit to make photos to insert into this picture frame. Using digital scrapbook kits is a great and inexpensive way to create and carry out a theme.

This was our Valentine's Day dinner table

The centerpiece was an Eiffel Tower that was already an item from the house. The round circle is an after Christmas clearance find (the other side has snowflakes on it!). The heart and candle holders are all items from around the house

This was our daughter's place setting. I had a couple of those plastic cups from Walgreen fillers - they do come in handy! And also you must notice I'm using Chinet Plates = Less Clean Up!

Here was an adult setting with the wine glass. I dug through my daughter's construction paper for the red and pink "place mats"


I used white heart doilies for the coaster which came from the $1 bins from Target. I couldn't find my white napkins, so I took Tranformer napkins from a previous party and turned them inside out. I wrapped the silverware in red scrapbook paper strips for napkin rings. The hearts on the napkin rings came from a note card that I cut up.

The desert bar!

I got this cupcake tower at Walmart for $5 during Christmas!

The cupcake toppers are from $1 Store Valentine's. I took the stickers from the Valentine's and added them to toothpicks.

Can't forget the Chocolate!

My favorite part! I made angel food cake and cut it into cubes. I got frozen strawberry's in sugar on sale for $1 at the grocery store and had the cool whip on hand. Also had short bread cookies from Walmart - $1.50 for those

This dip chiller had an American flag on the front so I covered the outside with tissue paper I had on hand and it worked great!

I still hadn't used the Welch's sparkling grape juice I'd gotten back during the holidays (I think I got them for $.75 each??) So thought now was a good time to pull them out. My almost 4 year old said it was like soda and was tickled to drink juice with bubbles!

It's hard to see here, but I bought a heart ice cube mold from the $1 Store and filled them with the Welch's sparkling grape juice and added the cubes to the glasses for a special little touch.
Our dinner was crock pot pulled pork (a family favorite), loaded baked potatoes, and peas.
We really enjoyed our Valentine's Day, hope everyone else enjoyed theirs too!

0 comments: