Monday, February 1, 2010

Aldi Shopping

This Sunday I went to Aldi on-a-mission!
Their ads the last month have had the best deals on fruit and veggies!
This week on my list were:
Broccoli Crowns: $.69/pack
Cauliflower: $.59/pack
Baby Carrots: $.39/pack
I got 2 Packages each of Broccoli & Cauliflower chopped it all up and blanched them (not sure if I was suppsed to do that or not!) and bagged them up for freezing. I got 3 bags for freezing out of the 4 packages.
My grocery ad had Broccoli & Cauliflower on sale for $1.79/bag
I got 3 bags for a little over $2.50
I also got 5 bags of baby carrots $.39 per bag
This is the CHEAPEST I've ever seen it!
(I usually buy them when they are $1.00 a bag)
I kept one bag for the fridge and blanched the rest
I got 5 smaller bags from the 4 packages I blanched for the freezer
This was my first experience buying veggies to freeze and it wasn't too bad!
With prices that low, it's worth it to stock up now and save for later

2 comments:

Taylor said...

I am always in awe of people who can understand how to get these awesome deals! All the rewards points and things are so beyond me. Thanks for stopping over.

Taylor said...

oh and being so thrifty I'm sure you will love the dollar store craft that is coming up tomorrow!