Monday, August 24, 2009

Friendship

Another blog about neither creating cute things or saving dough, but is just as important to me. Friendship... friendship. What does this word mean? Does it mean, someone to lean on? someone that shares your interests? someone who you enjoy being around? I'm sure all of the above and then some. But what happens when lives just start to separate, change, and your "friend(s)" isn't/aren't quite so close?
I think the great thing about life is that you are in charge of your own destiny and you can lead it in any direction you wish. However, the sad part of it is that others lives do the same thing and some people just don't mesh well anymore.
The honest trust is today is a sad day as I try to leave an old life behind in hopes of a better future for me and my family. Not to throw a pitty party on myself, but it may in the end be the for best.
Today I am sitting here reflecting on what is truly important in life. Top of that list is my little girl, next of course my hubby, 3rd our health, 4th happiness, and father down I can't help but put friends. I feel like they are still important, but I'm lucky to have my top 4 out of 1,000 in tact, but still I am sad. Why?
Why do we get sad when we throw out old jeans or a worn out purse, the exact same reason I'm sad to see a friendship end... the memories that are involved. Not to say that the two are remotely the same in nature, but you emotionally attach yourself to things and people.
Today a new chapter begins. Our family has goals in life and I choose to only involve the people that will enrich those goals.
So here's to a new day, a happy life, and a positive outlook on the future.

0 comments: