Monday, June 30, 2008

Party Time

My mother's birthday was fast approaching and she never "wants anything." I wanted to somehow make the day special, none the less, and decided on a custom party... last minute mind you. I tore into my craft supplies and pulled together a bright color scheme that was just perfect, pink and orange with gerbra daisies for added color.
We set the table with a pink table cloth and orange place mats. I added striped detail to the sides of the place mats and wrapped the tea lights with the same paper as well as adding little strips to the place cards. We had tea goblets with orange slices and a bottle of orange soda at each place setting.

I found a fun bottle and felt wine bottle bag as my mom's gift. I made an angel food cake and frosted it with strawberry whipped cream and added strawberries to make it cute, and yummy! (Photo at bottom of blog)



I made pink lemonade and sliced up the left over oranges to garnish and keep with the pink and orange theme.







I also made little favors. The bag template I found on: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ (if you haven't been there and your a crafter... you'd better go now) The treat inside is called flamingo splash, another find on splitcoast. My mom LOVES flamingos and they are PINK, they worked in perfect. (I should mention to, we adopted a flamingo from the zoo in her name as her other birthday gift) Flamingo Splash is basically pink lemonade powder and lemon drops.

This was a fun party to plan!

0 comments: