Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Cookin' in the Kitchen Post #1

I have felt so sluggish lately. We keep plenty busy around here, but my energy level just wasn't up to snuff. I completely blame it on my horrible diet. I eat on the run, really wish I'd squeeze more fruit into my diet, and live off of caffeine. On the other hand my daughter receive all me and my husbands attention when it comes to her health and diet only drinking 100% juices, as much fruit and veggies as we can get into her, spending the extra money for the whole grain versions of snacks, and always watch what she is eating. Well the tide is turning and we are making big changes around here. I've researched many recipes that are healthy and still tasty. I figured you can't go wrong with having as much fresh veggies and fruit around the house and we are well stocked. Yesterday I found a wonderful stir-fry recipe from $5 Dinners you can view the recipe here: Beef & Broccoli Stir-Fry

Fresh broccoli, lean beef, seasonings, and whole grain brown rice - Great Combination! It tasted as good as it looks and it was HEALTHY! (please ignor the messy stove!) I'll be trying lots of other great tasting and healthy recipes here and there and I'll share if I feel like they are worthy.

0 comments: